About Ibrahim Ministries International
Ibrahim Ministries International (IMI) was founded by Daniel and Mariat Scot in Brisbane, Australia.
The Ministry was borne out of a concern that Christians who had little knowledge of Islam (or Christianity) were converting to Islam, often with tragic consequences when they wanted later to leave Islam.
What we believe:
- We believe in the divine inspiration, inerrancy, and infallibility of Holy Scriptures as originally given, and their supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe in one God, existing eternally in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and who alone is sovereign in creation, revelation, salvation, and final judgment.
- We believe in the full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only incarnate Son of God; His virgin birth, and His real and sinless humanity; His death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, and His present reign in heaven and on earth.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgement; and to regenerate, sanctify, comfort, and seal those who believe in Jesus Christ; to impart the fruits of the Spirit in Christ-like living, and to empower them to use spiritual gifts for the carrying out of the will of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the universal sinfulness and guilt of human beings since the fall, rendering humankind subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- We believe in the salvation of a person’s eternal being as a gift of God, made available by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose atoning blood was shed on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.
- We believe in the one, holy, universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong; and also in its visible, local expression, to which all believers should be committed.
- We believe in Baptism, signifying the believer’s union with Christ in His death and resurrection.
- We believe in the celebration of Holy Communion, remembering Christ’s offering of Himself on the cross, proclaiming His victorious resurrection, confessing our unity in His Body and awaiting His coming in glory.
- We believe in the personal, visible, and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ and that His Second Coming is essential to the fulfillment of God’s plan for this age.
Our aim is simple. We do not believe that exposing the bad things in Islam is sufficient as it will never draw anyone to Christ. IMI aims to set forth Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of God, as more worthy of the heart’s affections than that of Muhammad or Allah "…so that the heart may be prevailed upon not to resign an old affection which shall have nothing to succeed it, but to exchange an old affection for a new one" [Thomas Chalmers ("The Expulsive Power of a New Affection," in The Protestant Pulpit, ed. by Andrew Blackwood, Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1947, g 50.)]. We believe the only effective way to achieve this is through the proclamation of the Gospel as people understand the depth of their guilt before the Lord,their condemnation, and the righteousness that comes through Christ and his atonement. We aim to equip Christians with the Gospel and with an understanding of Islam so that believers are fully equipped to share the Gospel of Jesus with their friends and colleagues.